Riding a bike is even more fun when you are with others! Here is a list of local clubs that have regular rides.
- Blackburn Cycling Club holds racing, training and club rides throughout the year
- Eastern Veterans Cycling Club is an eastern suburbs road racing club with races every Saturday afternoon and racing, training and club rides throughout the year
- Heathmont's Ageing Cycle Kings (HACKs) is an informal group that trains for two large road rides eg Around The Bay each year.
- Knox Bicycle Touring Club has Sunday rides usually starting from Bayswater
- Manningham BUG's rides are one part of the Manningham Bicycle User Group
- Middle Distance Bicycle Club has a social ride of 60-100km every Sunday morning starting from Croydon
- Whitehorse Cyclists is Melbourne east's largest recreational bike riding club with rides every weekend and on Thursdays
Slightly further afield…
- Melbourne Bicycle Touring Club meets at 8pm each Thursday at Trades Hall, 54 Victoria St, Carlton South and has at least two rides every weekend. They have a wide range of rides for all cyclists and go just about anywhere.
- Bicycle Network has a Great Rides program which are recreational rides for the masses and a lot of fun. These include Around The Bay In A Day, The Great Victorian Bike Ride, and more.
Or do further searching yourself... Bicycle Network have a "Find a" feature to help you find a community ride, bicycle event, etc.